Can you give your time to make a big difference to someone’s life?
Do you want to support people who are feeling lonely?
Are you a good listener?
Do you like chatting with other people?
Would you like to encourage people to get involved in our group activities, such as Arts and Crafts, cards and dominoes, table tennis, and board games?
Perhaps you are good at something or have a hobby that you would be able to share with others?
If so, and you are free on Monday mornings, then we would love to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the role or to request a Volunteer Application pack.
You can also download a Volunteer Application form here … Volunteer Application Form – The Meeting Place
Our Volunteers …
- are committed and caring people who offer their time freely
- are friendly and approachable
- can listen without being judgmental
- attend a training session to prepare them for their role
- receive support from The Meeting Place Coordinator
- can attend Volunteer Information sessions throughout the year to increase their confidence and skills
- are required to undertake a free DBS check (previously known as a Criminal Record Check) before starting their volunteering.
We look forward to hearing from you!